Felipe De Barros
Associate Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Doctoral Degree, Civil Engineering, University of California - Berkeley
- Master's Degree, Mechanical Engineering, Federal University Of Rio De Janeiro
- Bachelor's Degree, Mechanical Engineering, Federal University Of Rio De Janeiro
Dr. de Barros is currently an Associate Professor at the Sonny Astani Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering. He earned his PhD in 2009 from the Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering at University of California, Berkeley. He also holds a BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil). He is an Associate Editor for Journal of Hydrology and Hydrological Sciences Journal.
Dr. de Barros' expertise is in stochastic groundwater hydrology and environmental fluid mechanics. He develops task-driven, application-oriented integrated models for simulating and predicting large scale hydrogeological systems, with a focus in capturing uncertainties to create computationally efficient, theoretically sound and accurate predictions of system behavior. These models combine innovations in stochastic systems, statistics, theory, experimental and field work. His research interests include flow and transport in heterogeneous aquifers, uncertainty quantification, probabilistic risk analysis and the development of hybrid numerical analytical methods.
- Dir-Acad Prog, Director of Civil and Environmental Engineering Graduate Programs
- Sonny Astani Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- KAP Room 224B
- Kaprielian Hall
- 3620 South Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90089
- USC Mail Code: 3620
- (213) 740-6130