Master's Programs in Civil Engineering
The Department offers a Master of Science in Civil Engineering (MSCE) with specialization in:
- Advanced Design & Construction Technology
- General Option (Environmental Engineering, Water Resources, and Geotechnical Engineering)
- Construction Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Sustainable Infrastructure Systems (interdisciplinary programs)
In addition, students can earn a Master of Construction Management (MCM), or a Master of Science in Transportation Systems Management.
MSCE Program Requirements
- Unit Requirement: 28 Units
- MSCE degrees are typically completed in 3-4 semesters
- Typical course load is 8 units/semester.
- Transfer Credit - Four units of graduate level coursework may be transferred with department approval.
- Two-thirds of the units must be taken at the 500-level or above
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation