Master's Programs in Civil Engineering
The Department offers a Master of Science in Civil Engineering (MSCE) with specialization in:
- Advanced Design & Construction Technology
- General Option (Environmental Engineering, Water Resources, and Geotechnical Engineering)
- Construction Engineering and Management
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Sustainable Infrastructure Systems (interdisciplinary programs)
In addition, students can earn a Master of Construction Management (MCM), or a Master of Science in Transportation Systems Management.
MSCE Program Requirements
- Unit Requirement: 28 Units
- Typically, the MSCE is completed in 2 years (4 semesters) though it's possible to complete in 1.5 years (3 semesters) if student is able to take a larger course load.
- Typical course load is 8 units/semester.
- Four units transferred from another engineering school can be approved for credit by the Department
- Two thirds of the units must be taken at the 500-level or above