Dr. George Ban-Weiss will be joining the Astani CEE Department as Assistant Professor in August 2013.
Dr. Ban-Weiss received his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley in 2008.
He is interested in how humans alter the environment ranging from urban to global scales. He is particularly interested in:
- Using global and regional climate models to study the influence of anthropogenic aerosols and land cover change on global and regional climate
- Developing high spatial resolution emissions and surface albedo data for megacities
- Developing novel measurement methods to characterize climatically relevant pollutant emissions from energy sources
- Evaluating the representation of particle-cloud interactions in climate models using satellite data
- Synergistic approaches for reducing climate change and urban air pollution.
His CEE webpage can be viewed here.